Monday, June 6, 2011

Looking for Lizards

On Thursday we received some much needed rain. There was hail too, but I'm not exactly sure we needed that, as well as loud, scary thunder and lightning. After the rain fall the earth felt so alive, bursting with new energy from the much needed drink. Mum and I headed over to our friend Lauren's house and went for a long "town" hike that took us up a big hill and onto the Brevard Music Center property. I put on my boots to splash in the puddles and little did I know that my "Looking for Lizards" shirt would be so literal. We spotted 7 bright, red newts (kind of like salamanders and lizard-like in shape and form). They were neat wee creatures and I did not get a photo of them, but here I am posing with a worm that I found later when we returned to Lauren's place.

No comments:

Post a Comment