Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Soup Party Part One

Mum and I headed down to MiMi and Pop-Pop's house on Sunday, December 5th for the 14th Annual Lake Hartwell Soup Party. MiMi and Pop-Pop have been the hosts' for the past 9 of the 14 years. They have it down to a science, beautiful decorations, delicious warm soups, a big fire and lots of friends. This year it was cold, which of course you expect, but it was a bit too cold for comfort after the sun went down. It seemed that the sangria warmed the souls of Mimi and Pop-Pops friends.
I wore a festive snowman sweater for the event, my first Soup Party. Of course, I had to cover it up with a jacket soon after this photo was taken.

Mimi had tables out in the driveway and plenty of chairs around the fire. The "little house" also had a big fire in the fireplace and the traditional "fish tree" (sorry I didn't get a photo, maybe at Christmas time).

Me and Gabby (Aunt Brenda).


Mimi tries to keep folks out of the "big house", but I was a special guest. I went and checked-out the tree on the back porch, so pretty, and there is even a present for me under the tree! Can't wait to see what it is!!



Sitting on the front stoop watching all the guests and taking in the festivities.





No comments:

Post a Comment