Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hiking Way Up High

Mom and I finally made it up to the Blue Ridge Parkway for some leaf peeping last week. People come from all over the country to drive on the parkway in the autumn. We live 20 miles away and somehow don't get up there that often. But I'm sure glad we did go because it was beautiful! We parked at the Black Balsamn trailhead and hiked to Sam's Knob, 3 miles round trip. I hiked all the way there, believe it or not. On the way back I got a ride here and there from mom cause my legs were getting tired. Mom says this hike reminds her of hiking in parts of New Zealand, I wouldn't know about that, not yet anyway! Which way should we go? I chose "up", as usual.










We are headed to that peak in the distance. Think I can make it there? We'll see.








No comments:

Post a Comment