Sunday, May 23, 2010

Joy is in my Genes/Jeans

The "joy in the jeans", the Levi jeans, dates all the way back to 1968 (correct me if I'm wrong Uncle Jack). These Levi's were gifted to Jack's younger sister, who then passed them down to Cousin Ben, then mum, then Adam, then Brandi, then Chanley, then Baelynn, and now me! I guess they are Miracle Jeans. All I know is they are nice and broken in, the way I like my jeans.
The "Joy in my Genes" has been handed down for centuries I suppose, by the Coadwell's, the Furness's, Layton's and Summey's. As you can see in the photo, I am quite joyous, most of the time, just like my ancestors, or at least like all my grandparents, I know them!

Much thanks to mum's pal Kathy Halberg, who sent me this joyful shirt all the way from Eugene, Oregon. You New Zealander's may remember Kathy from the wedding. She was mum's friend in Invercargill and is now retired and living in OR.





No comments:

Post a Comment