Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birth Announcement

On Thursday, the 19th of May, at approximately 3:45pm, Vesta Victoria Mays Cleveland was born...IN MY DRIVEWAY! I kid you not, although I must admit I was not present for the birth as I was napping, but my mum was present seconds after Vesta arrived, in fact, she called 9-1-1- to get some help. I'm a bit peaved at missing out on seeing the ambulance and emergency workers in my own driveway. My pals Atlas, Odin and Argo were lucky enough to witness the excitement and told me it was pretty cool. Of course they were a bit worried for their mum and new baby sis, but were brave and got through the chaos unscathed. My mum on the otherhand....

These don't look like your midwives Aleshka!


Papa Peyre and baby Vesta pose for the camera on our front stoop. Mom and baby are happy and healthy. After Vesta finally got to the hospital, she weighed in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. and 22 inches long. She had a bit of jaundice her second day, but is all better, at home and lovin' life with 3 older brothers.



Our driveway was jam packed that afternoon.






No comments:

Post a Comment