Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mommy Speaks Out


Oh, that lovely "baby fat." It allowed me to compete in the Athena section of the Clemson Triathlon on May 16th. I placed 4th, just missing a 3rd place medal. Run, Fat Girl, Run (FYI, the English film, Run, Fat Boy, Run, is quite funny, Richard and I recommend it). My sister Chanley and I enjoyed the challenge on that rainy day, and I especially enjoyed the finish line. I hope that Rion is proud of his mommy, and I hope that he takes after his daddy in the running realm. The first step is inheriting his dad's legs, not his mother's! Next tri is tentatively scheduled for August. Hopefully I'll be able to compete in my age group. Oh, Chanley came in 32nd place overall. This was her first triathlon. We are very proud.

3 comments:

  1. A belated very proud Atta-momma to you! I hope I can be along for the August Tri...you make it look so tempting in the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go ladies! Did you find a posse to participate in the Asheville Triathlon with me on 7/19?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- Two comments, this is a first. Clay, I think I may bypass July and go for the August Tri. I prefer a lake swim and a Saturday. But I think Chanley may be in...

    ReplyDelete