Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's a Small World After All

We hosted an American Memorial Day BBQ, and many Americans did attend, but what I found most interesting was the number of New Zealanders in attendance. Statistically speaking, there were quite a few. Starting from the left, there is Lars, who has an Australian accent, but who was born in NZ to a NZ father, but spent most of his life in AU. Next is Adam Brown (an honoree of the BBQ), who was born in AU to NZ parents, then moved to Queenstown and went to Uni in Dunedin. Then there is my daddy, born and raised in NZ to English parents, my grandparents. Barbie is holding me. She is Lars wife, an American who lived in AU for quite some time. She was quite cozy. I fell to sleep right in her arms, amongst all the mayhem of the party. Oh, I'm a big part kiwi, born in American, with hopes of visiting NZ soon. It's a small world after all. Oh, daddy did a fabulous job manning the grill. He told me to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment