Thursday, September 29, 2011

Charity Walk

It was a beautiful day for a walk, especially a walk that helps raise money for a such a wonderful cause like Parkinson's Disease research. Our dear friend and customer, "Dr. Mike" has Parkinson's and invited mum, dad and I and the Kiwi Gelato cart to be a part of this charity event last Sunday afternoon at the Brevard Music Center. I got some sponsors to support my walking efforts and I think I made them proud. Although, all those slow-pokes with Parkinson's really slowed down my pace-hehehehe! Daddy and I taking in the first signs of autumn down near the pond as we waited for the walk to begin.


Dr. Wells, one the local pediatrician's, dressed in his finest kilt and called us to line-up using his bagpipes. I knew exactly what he was wearing, given my recent experience with kilts. See me there in the middle of the group.






Dr. Mike is the fella in the red shirt.




Taking a break for a family photo, all decked out in our Kiwi Gelato tee's!










No comments:

Post a Comment