Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Great Man

Jose F. Garcia was my Pop-Pop. A loving, boisterous, intelluctual, nurturing man who made every moment with him fun. His life ended on April the 6th. Mommy and Daddy tell me "Pop-Pop is gone" and I understand this is sad and I understand I will no longer see him, and I miss him dearly. MiMi is sad and mommy too, but I give them big hugs and I make them feel better. Daddy is sad too, as are so, so many other people whose lives were touched by this generous and caring man, my Pop-Pop. Mom and I have been avoiding the blog because we knew we needed to dedicate a post to Pop-Pop and it just seemed way too difficult to do so. But life has gone on for us left behind and I myself have stayed extremely busy enjoying the spring weather and felt that it was time to move on and share some joy.
The last time I saw Pop-Pop was March 24th. He took me to my first circus. I got to see elephants and take a pony ride. I had a blast! Mimi has those pictures, so I had to go back in my collection and pick one for this post. This photo is one of my favorites, in fact, it is kept on the refridgerator so I see it everyday. This is Easter 2009. The next few blog posts will show Easter 2011, which once again was celebrated at the lake in SC. We held tight to memories of Pop-Pop this Easter and held tight to each other for support.
We love you Pop-Pop Jose, R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment