Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 4th of July

Independence Day isn't exactly a relaxing holiday for the owners of Kiwi Gelato, in fact, it's one of the top 3 busiest days of the year. Dad put me to work on the Sunday before, attempting to get ahead on gelato making. I have my very own apron and hat and am learning how to use the scale and extract gelato, both very fun tasks.
Grandad Layton came down to help us out at the Music Centers traditional Patriotic Pops event. It was very hot that day, so we stopped for a watermelon break.



The geese kind of scare me when they get too close, especially when they hiss. Plus I really ahd to pee and they kept following me!



All and all, we had a very successful 4th of July weekend. I even got to stay up for the fireworks. If everyday was the 4th of July Kiwi Gelato would be rich, rich, rich...unfortunately, it's not!










No comments:

Post a Comment