Monday, December 6, 2010

Birthday Cake

Mum used Auntie Denises' recipe for Chocolate Cake to make this lovely kiwi bird inspired birthday cake. Mimi helped with the decoration and I must say her idea of adding lots of fruity candies around the sides was brilliant. I loved having my friends and family gather around the big table and watch as I blew out the giant number 2 candle. It was easy. They all sang the birthday song and then we dug in, literally. Yummmmmmyy!










When all the cake was gobbled up we retired to the big empty back room, except this time it wasn't empty, it was full of colorful balloons. My friends and I went mad, revelling in the simple pleasures of balloons and loud noises. Then, mum, dad, Arawen, Harvest, Mimi, Grandad and Grandma and I went to Marco's for dinner, it's Marc's birthday too you know. The only things missing? Grandpa and Grandma Coadwell, Hayden, and the rest of the McCabes.








No comments:

Post a Comment